Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Selling IZ: Acting in Good Faith?

I keep getting told that its not the developers that are the problem with the marketing, but I got this email from someone. This developer has less than 5 units, and this is the 2nd complaint I have heard from someone who (I think) eventually purchased a unit. It took 21 days for this other person to get their offer accepted, mostly because the developer thought that when their first marketing period was over they could sell the unit for more money and this person wouldn't qualify . . . and now this from a different client of the same developer just this morning . . .
From the beginning it has been hard. We had to have several meetings with the city and the developer to prove that we qualify for the program, we were given a letter written by the developers lawyer stating concern about allowing us to have a (various amenities), our questions have been ignored since May 14th now. I call every week and am told (a person from the development team) will get back to me, but nothing. We feel jerked around, we feel like we are being treated differently because we are IZ like somehow affordable housing is a bad thing. We are due to get financing in August and really don't have all the answers/bottom line $$.
And here I thought we have been repeatedly told, trust us, we want to sell these homes, that's how we make money. Hmmmm . . . I wonder when their marketing period ends . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home